From women and wages to advice for the ages, here’s a look at this week’s top reads for women and money from around the web.
Editor’s picks of the week
- People make employment choices within cultural, educational and institutional frameworks. It’s time to stop blaming women for making “bad” work choices where they earn less than men.
- New books on women & money, career, ambition, and life from Maureen Chiquet (former CEO of Chanel and Banana Republic), Robin Romm, and Beth Kobliner.
- Consuelo Mack’s women-focused investment site. Check out her video interviews with top wealth managers.
- Although this is U.S.-based, the tips still apply to Canadian women in preparing for retirement.
- Great advice from Muriel Seibert, the first woman to buy a seat on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Three major policy changes to watch for in Canada’s first gender-based federal budget.