Managing retirement, careers, relationships—and a crowd—oh my! Here are this week’s top reads for women and money from around the web.
Editor’s picks of the week
- A couple of features, courtesy of MoneySense, on managing RRIFs and on learning how to create the right glidepath into retirement.
- Ellevest founder Sallie Krawcheck says women retire with two-thirds the money that men do and stay in unsatisfying jobs and relationships because they can’t afford to leave them. Here are her suggestions on closing the gap.
- Silicon Valley’s bromance continues apace, making it hard for women entrepreneurs to get venture capital. Is the boys’ club about to get some push-back?
- Sharing the stage with Angela Merkel, Canada’s Chrystia Freeland and Christine Lagarde, Miss Complicit—a.k.a. Ivanka Trump—had a hard time convincing the crowd that her pop’s policies actually do anything to empower women.
- …And on the topic of event faux pas, what’s makes for a perfect venue? Here are five signs to look for before you book.