While smartphones remain the go-to device for most people, tablets are becoming more and more commonplace among Canadians - in fact, 49 percent now own one. However, when it comes to managing your finances from this popular device, 55 percent of tablet users feel there isn’t a convenient app available to help them manage all of their needs.
The lack of a simple, multi-purpose app is frustrating and discouraging for many tablet users, with 75 percent forced to switch back and forth between various apps to cover all of their needs.
Save time and eliminate the guess work
To fill this gap in the market, BMO Financial Group has introduced the BMO Banking & InvestorLine iPad app. This marks the first time a major Canadian bank has offered an integrated app that gives customers access to personal banking and self-directed investing services along with a personal finance management tool.
This do-it-all app saves time and headaches - eliminating the guess work and providing a more holistic financial picture.
“The expectation of consumers drives innovation. In terms of managing your finances in the online space, that expectation is to have intuitive, comprehensive tools that allow for effective management of all aspects of personal finance - from analyzing basic spending patterns to investing - in one place while on-the-go or at home,” noted Cesar Rainusso, Vice-President, Digital Channels, BMO Financial Group “This integrated app was designed to help Canadians cover all the bases while keeping the overall customer experience simple and streamlined.”
Mr. Rainusso added that three quarters (73 percent) of Canadians would be interested in an app that allows them to conduct banking and investing in one place, and half (52 percent) of those who currently manage their own investments, would be interested in changing financial institutions to get an app that allows them to do so.
App tools and features
Through one login, the integrated BMO app offers a variety of innovative tools and features, including:
- ‘Manage My Finances’ - almost like a personal financial fitness trainer that provides BMO Everyday Banking customers with the ability to create budgets, set savings goals, track spending and analyze cash flows and transactions.
- ‘Book an Appointment’ - real people, real talk. This easy-to-use feature simplifies the process of booking a branch appointment, plus it’s done in real time.
- The ability to set travel notifications for BMO MasterCard credit cards, while you wait for take-off. Bon Voyage!
- No more panic over missed bills or guessing who you cut that cheque for - view cheque images and set up multiple bill payments.
- Be in the know - access to video news for the latest quotes and market updates for BMO InvestorLine customers and the ability to trade equities, ETFs, options, mutual funds, and GICs.
- An interactive ticker for BMO InvestorLine customers to view continuous market action from the bottom of their screen.
- A personalized heatmap to track performance of customers’ holdings and watchlists.
BMO Banking & InvestorLine is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at AppStore.com/BMOFinancialGroup