Editor’s picks of the week
Here’s what’s making news in “Women & Wealth” this week:
- Why do women feel the need to be 100% qualified before applying for a job?
- High times: Philippines bans companies from forcing female employees to wear high heels. So long Jimmy Choo.
- At work, men are judged by their “potential” whereas women are judged on our achievements.
- Fast times: Women in Saudi Arabia still can’t travel, conduct business, rent an apartment, get married or divorced, or receive medical treatment without the consent of their male guardian. However, now they can drive!
- A recent study shows that only 4 percent of all publicly traded stocks account for all the net wealth in the market since 1926. Food for thought.