Editor’s picks of the week
- “Mirror-tocracy” or meritocracy? Silicon Valley remains in the spotlight.
- Gender equality is an economic issue, says Justin Trudeau at Women of the World Summit.
- Venture capitalists and private equity are missing out on big gains because of their blind spots.
- What a difference a decade makes. In 2007, the most popular stock image of a woman was one who was naked under a towel. This year, the most popular photo from Getty Images was of a woman hiking alone in the Banff National Park.
- How our tolerance for investment risk relates to our aspirations. Taking on too little risk could mean poverty in retirement; taking on too much could mean the same.
Photo credit Jordan Siemens/Getty Images