Editor’s picks of the week
- Here’s another screen for savvy investors: Look for women-led companies. An analysis of 11,000 global companies showed that having a woman in either of the top two jobs produced more than double the performance return compared to the MSCI World Index. (25% vs. 11%)
- Are men truly more irrationally exuberant than women? While this is true in the West, in China both men and women are equally reckless when it comes to investing.
- The turnaround in unskilled labour market participation in the United States is being driven by one group: women.
- The by-women, for-women robo-advisor has netted more than $51-million in private equity investment and counts tennis champ Venus Williams among its financial supporters.
- Family health matters affect women’s employment more than men’s. Women are more likely to quit work to look after an ill husband than the other way around.