Taking a harder look at gender gaps (and the gaps in our emergency funds), here are this week’s top reads for women and money from around the web.
Editor’s picks of the week
- In salary negotiations, being coy works if you’re a man and hurts if you’re a woman.
- Time to change the conversation: Venture capitalists ask male entrepreneurs about potential gains—and female entrepreneurs about potential losses.
- According to a recent study, women worry more about post-retirement money—and what they will leave behind for family and charity—than their male counterparts according.
- For love or money? Lack of financial independence traps older women in loveless relationships.
- A case for the “just in case”: 4 steps to building an emergency fund to fall back on.