Thinking outside of the box—and in one—has made for a lively week for women and money. Stay ahead of the game with this week’s top reads for women and money from around the web.
Editor’s picks of the week
- A bouquet from The Globe and Mail. Thanks to personal finance journalist Rob Carrick for his shout-out to Golden Girl Finance in his newsletter: “Taking a break from the old dudes who dominate the finance world.“
- His administration is dismantling women’s rights but Trump’s Treasury Secretary and former Goldman Sachs banker Steve Mnuchin is making a killing as producer of hit-of-the-summer movie Wonder Woman. (Cue Alanis Morrissette’s “Isn’t it ironic…”)
- The Oscar curse goes beyond Hollywood: Women who are the family’s major breadwinner experience more marital stress.
- Thank you for being a friend: The Golden Girls are the new stars of a revamped board game. (We want it!)
- There’s more to ETFs than low cost, easy trading, and large variety (think risk, risk, and risk!). The secret sauce to investing in ETFs.