This week, proof that investing isn’t a one-size-fits-all. Here are this week’s top reads for women and money from around the web.
Editor’s picks of the week
- Alpha and Beta? For women, it’s less about pure investment returns and more about “Do I have enough money to stay in my house?”
- Corporate governance, or lack thereof, is in the spotlight at Bombardier. This is a good reminder that as investors we’re buying a small piece of a business—and we deserve a say in its governance. (Of course, it helps when institutional investors weigh in.)
- Are women really all that anxious when it comes to investing? Certainly not—especially as philanthropists.
- “People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money you can have a key made.” —Joan Rivers
- Great Canadian comic Samantha Bee takes on “Women Who Work”.
- For investors, the more weight gain, the better.