From waiting areas to boardrooms, women are making great strides around the globe. Change rarely comes easy, but some stories this week reminded us that we are indeed on our way. Here are this week’s top reads for women and money from around the web.
Editor’s picks of the week
- If you squint, you’ll find a slow improvement toward parity in women’s boardroom appointments. At this rate, true parity in the U.S. won’t be reached until 2055.
- A Waterloo-based company is joining the global movement to support women-led startups.
- To counteract the Trump administration’s Neanderthal initiatives regarding women’s health, the Dutch government launches a $14.7 million fund to provide essential health services to women in developing nations.
- Grab your portfolio by the bull horns (after consulting with your financial advisor, of course) with these 3 tips for taking on more investment risk.
- All in the family: How to escape the curse of “shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations”.
- A sure way to win the lottery — and you don’t even need a winning ticket.